Wednesday, January 5, 2011

An Orange By Any Other Name

  I can't even begin to tell you how curious I am about trying out different foods and learning where foods come from (from dirt to consumer).  I will admit that I've been pretty skeptical about the benefits of organic foods, but I figured for fairness sake that I would give organic produce a shot.  Organic oranges are my latest vice.  I will absolutely never go back to eating conventional oranges after tasting the unbelievable sweetness and depth of flavor of an orange that was made as nature intended.  It's hard to describe the difference in taste between a conventionally grown and organically grown orange.  It's almost the same as the difference between eating a conventionally grown tomato & an organic tomato.  The entire fruit is amazingly sweet, even the bio-flavanoid packed pith (white stuff between the skin & the fruit), which, much to my surprise is good for you, aiding in capillary repair.  You absolutely haven't lived until you've tried an organic orange, but I will give you fair warning:  you may become addicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment