Saturday, February 4, 2012

Pizza Revisited

So I didn't exactly have this for dinner, but my friend, Donna, gave me this amazing variation on my pizza post from earlier this week.  She suggested a breakfast pizza, which I've done before, although savory, not sweet.  The pizza is currently sitting on my counter, cooling off before I devour it.  Try it for yourself & let me know what you think!

Sweet Breakfast Pizza

1 recipe of pizza dough (or one bag of TJ's ready made pizza dough)
1 small container marscapone cheese
1/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons vanilla extract (do yourself a favor and get the real stuff, no imitation, please)
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg (or store bought if you're fresh out of fresh)
1 T ground cinnamon + more for sprinkling
maple syrup
1 1/2 cups grilled fresh pineapple
1 cup walnut pieces (or any other kind of nut)

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees with the rack in the center.  Roll out the pizza dough to 12-16 inches (depending on how thick you like your crust) and place on a lightly oiled pizza sheet.

In a small bowl, combine marscapone cheese, vanilla, milk, cinnamon, and nutmeg until light and smooth (think cream cheese frosting consistency).  Sprinkle a light layer of cinnamon on top of the pizza dough.  Dollop the cheese mixture evenly over the pizza dough. Top with grilled pineapple and walnuts.  Drizzle the maple syrup sparingly over the top of everything.

Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the cheese has melted.  Let cool slightly from molten.

That's a sweet lookin pizza!!!  Am I right?!

1 comment: