Saturday, July 21, 2012

Juicing Day 2

  Who knew that juicing on a weekend would be so hard?!  I woke up this morning with a dull headache that originated from behind my eyeballs, but since I couldn't just rip my eyeballs out in order to alleviate the pain, I just drank some water and dealt with it.  I didn't quite notice it at first, but day 2 left me cranky and craving every kind of solid food known to man.  Every time I made a meal for the cousins that I was babysitting, it took every last fiber of my body to refrain from sneaking a few bites of the food.  Seriously, who would I be sneaking from other than myself.  I felt so ashamed for even thinking about giving up after 24 hours.  I've been trying to incorporate more fruits than veggies in my juices, so today's "winner" consisted of 1 wedge of pineapple, 1 cucumber, 4 stalks of celery, half a pint of blueberries, and a boatload of mint.  If you need a name for the juice, I'd call it "cool as a blueberry mojito."  It was super refreshing and tasty.

As far as the gastro problems that I had anticipated, other than having to pee every 30 minutes or so, I haven't had any other discomfort or pressing issues.  I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop but hoping that since I eat a relatively clean diet normally that I won't have and number 2 issues (crossing my fingers).

I've noticed that the constant hunger is sort of background noise by the end of the day.  I'm used to it and don't feel the need to just drink juice every time my stomach growls.  I'm a lot more tired today than I was on day 1, but I'm going to attribute that to 2 very energetic little girls sleeping over last night and wanting to constantly be on the go and entertained today.  Taking an afternoon nap helped alleviate the hunger too, which was nice.

I'm starting to run low on produce already, so it looks like tomorrow will be a shopping day again.  I've decided that I really like the taste of beets, nectarines, cucumbers, celery, carrots, lemon, strawberries, ginger, mint, kale and pineapple.  I've also realized that berries aren't worth the effort and volume that it takes to produce enough juice to taste.  Juicing broccoli is a bad idea-yuck.  The taste of broccoli overtakes all other flavors in the juice, and unless you really like broccoli, I suggest you skip it.

Despite the constant cravings for pretty much everything other than juice, so far, so good.  I do think that I was a wee bit crazy thinking that I could tackle a 60 day juice fast, but we'll see how it goes.  For now, on to day 3.

Cheers,

Dorothy

No comments:

Post a Comment