Monday, July 23, 2012

Juicing Day 4

The word of the day today has been "negotiation."  Pretty much all day it's been my stomach v. my head in a very child-like back and forth that goes a little something like this:

"I'm hungry"
Have some juice.

"I already had juice.  I'm bored of juice.  How about Dante's 3 layer fries?" (fries, cheese, bacon, jalapenos, sour cream)
You already know the answer to that is no.

"Fine, what about potstickers, you know, the ones from Lily's Garden...they've got ginger in them, sort of like those juices you keep drinking."
Um, no.

"Alright, what about Doritos.  You' haven't eaten Doritos in ages.  All that cheesy crunchy goodness...don't you miss crunching?"
No and no.

"Roast beef with potatoes?"
You don't even like beef.

And then my stomach deals a low blow...

"Vietnamese spring rolls?  You don't even need to put the noodles on them, just veggies, green apple, herbs, and that delectable peanut sauce???"

Oh crap...

I've been bugging my nutritionist friend for support a LOT today, to the point where I'm sure she's amused and mildly irritated at the same time.  She's been a great deal of help with talking me off the ledge over the past 4 days, and she told me that 60 days is a really long time to subsist on juice alone.  We talked about my motives and my 2 upcoming races that I should start training for soon...60 days is a heck of a long time to go without chewing and crunching.

So here's the revised deal:  15 days (so my stomach is just going to have to suck it up and stop thinking about food other than fruits and veggies) of pure, unadulterated juice.  I'm going on vacation for a long weekend at the end of the 15 days, so I'll be transitioning into eating some solid foods (again, fruits & veggies only, with maybe a little protein in the form of eggs).  Then for the remaining 11 days (so 15 more days total), I'll be juicing for breakfast and lunch and eating a nice solid scrumptious salad for dinner.  She suggested this would be a great way to transition back into the land of the living (er...eating).  A 30 day juice/raw veggies & fruits stint sounds doable.

So for now, back to the juicer I go.

Cheers,

Dorothy

No comments:

Post a Comment